The CDC is now recommending the use of cloth face coverings or cloth face masks in public areas where it may be difficult to maintain social distancing such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. The cloth face coverings recommended to use are NOT surgical masks or N-94 respirators as those items are in critical need for health care works and medical first responders.
2. Cloth face masks should NOT be worn by children under 2 or anyone who is otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance
3. The use of the mask is not necessarily to protect you from catching the virus but more to prevent you, who could be a possible carrier of the virus without symptoms, from transmitting it to others.
4. Cloth face coverings should be washed regularly and a normal washing machine should suffice in proper washing.
5. While wearing a cloth face covering, continue to adhere to social distancing.
6. When removing the cloth mask, continue to avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth and wash your hands immediately.
Subscribe to Premier Restoration Hawaii's Blog